It’s been a little while since I shared an easy dinner recipe with you but I’m back and there’s more to come! This dish is a spring-y twist on the classic beef meatloaf, using turkey which is super lean, and corn, leeks and dill for a flavour punch. I like my meatloaves sticky so this one has a smokey barbecue glaze for extra deliciousness.
I am also trying out a new feature below – a super easy way to print the recipe – so let me know what you think! Do you like this option?
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 500g turkey mince
- 1 cup corn kernels
- ½ cup dried breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup smokey barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 180°C (conventional). Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Heat the oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Cook the leek for 5 minutes, until soft. Place in a bowl with the turkey mince, corn, breadcrumbs, dill, mustard, garlic and egg. Season well and mix to combine.
- Shape turkey mixture into a thick log and place on prepared tray. Combine the barbecue and worcestershire sauces in a small bowl. Spoon over the meatloaf. Bake for 40 minutes, until cooked through.
oOo This meatloaf would also be delicious in sandwiches.
oOo You can use fresh, canned or frozen corn kernels for this recipe.