This post is sponsored by Dulux Australia.
What I like about these cake stands is that you can create any size or colour that you fancy and each one is original. Of course I went for hot pink and gold! If they had a leopard print paint, I would have chosen that….
And what’s more, Dulux is giving four lucky readers the chance to make these stands themselves with a giveaway of the new Duramax spray paint. Be sure to check out the competition details at the bottom of the post!
What you need:
– Paper or newsprint to spray paint on.
– Glass plate and cup/footed bowl. I got these for about $2 each at my local thrift store. I don’t recommend using shiny ceramic as the paint doesn’t stick as evenly. Play around with the selection of dishes and see what looks good when stacked. Be sure to give these a good clean before getting started.
– Dulux Duramax spray paint. I used Fluoro Pink and Bright Gold.
– Selleys High-Strength Liquid Nails. You can pick this up at a hardware store.
Working in a well-ventilated area, preferably outdoors, place the plate and cup/bowl on the paper. Following the manufacturer’s instructions, lightly spray the dishes. Leave to dry for 60 minutes. Lightly spray with another coat of paint, leaving to dry for 60 minutes. Turn the dishes over and repeat on the other side. Leave to dry completely for a few hours.
Following the packet instructions, use the liquid nails to attach the the plate to the upside-down cup/bowl. Leave overnight to dry.
Et voila! You have a super cute new cake stand to add to your collection!
For extra points, like Dulux Australia on Facebook and let us know below.
To enter the competition, you must be based in Australia and be over 18 years of age. Entries close at 5pm on Tuesday 2nd December.
What I like about the new Dulux Duramax range:
– You can spray paint an object, such as a chair (or glass plates!), to achieve an airbrushed finish that is ready to use within an hour. Waiting 24 to 48 hours for base coats to dry and harden is now in the past.
– They are available in 29 signature Dulux colours, as well as a wide range of decorative finishes, such as Diamond Effect glitter finish, Granite Effect, six Metallic finish colours, Magnetic Chalkboard, Stainless Steel finish and glow-in-the-dark Light Up Enamel.
Fancy getting social?