This fruity cordial is packed full of flavour and is great as a refreshing drink with ice and soda or if you are feeling more adventurous splash it into your gin and tonic or a glass of bubbly.
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups raw sugar (you can also use regular sugar if you don’t have raw but I think it adds a richer colour and flavour)
- 1 bunch (400g) rhubarb, trimmed and chopped into 6cm lengths
- 4 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 30g fresh ginger, peeled and sliced
- Place the water and sugar in a large saucepan over high heat. Stir to dissolve the sugar. Bring to the boil.
- Add the rhubarb, rosemary and ginger. Reduce the heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside to cool.
- Strain the cordial into a clean bottle, reserving the rhubarb flesh which you can have in smoothies or with yoghurt or muesli.
- Store the cordial in the fridge for up to 1 month.
Fancy getting social?