This make-ahead breakfast is inspired by the coconut, oat and golden syrup flavours of the Anzac biscuit and is the perfect start to an autumnal day.
The recipe serves two but can easily be doubled or tripled as required. The muesli will last in the fridge for a few days so make it at the start of the week and you have breakfast sorted!
In this scene: Ribbed green bowl.
- 1 cup rolled oats (the whole ones, not instant)
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 tablespoons shredded coconut
- ½ cup coconut yoghurt
- 1 apple, grated
- 2 fresh dates, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
- golden syrup to drizzle
- Combine the oats, juice and coconut in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Stir half of the yoghurt and apple through the oats.
- Divide between two serving bowls. Top with remaining yoghurt, apple, dates and almonds. Drizzle with golden syrup.
- For a lower sugar muesli - drizzle with date syrup (recipe here: http://emeraldandella.com.au/blog/2013/04/date-syrup/) or rice malt syrup.
- To get your apple looking fancy like I did, thinly slice it instead of grating.
Fancy getting social?