Yay! Another Australian Women’s Weekly cookbook I worked on has been released and this one is a goodie! It’s called Express and all the recipes are fast, fresh and on the table in less than 40 minutes.
What’s also cool about this book is that chapters are divided up into recipes for one person, two people or the whole family plus of course there are speedy desserts.
It’s the perfect weeknight staple cookbook and of course the pictures are stunning as always. I am sharing a few of my favourite images from Express today plus a recipe for couscous and dill crusted snapper. Yummo!
Fetta and Olive Greek Meatloaves
Lemongrass and Chicken Banh Mi Bowl
Baklava and Berry Turkish Delight Trifles
Couscous and Dill Crusted Snapper
- ½ cup (100g) couscous
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh dill
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- ½ cup (125ml) water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 x 200g (6½ ounce) skinless firm white fish fillets
- 175g (5½ ounces) broccolini, sliced thickly on the diagonal
- 2 cups (240g) frozen peas
- 1 cup (280g) greek-style yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, crushed, extra
- ⅓ cup (25g) flaked almonds, roasted
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh dill, extra
- lemon wedges, to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C/425°F. Line a large oven tray with baking paper.
- Place couscous, dill, garlic, water and oil in a small bowl. Using your fingertips, rub couscous grains until evenly covered with mixture; season. Place fish on an oven tray; press couscous mixture onto fish. Bake for 12 minutes or until fish is cooked through and crust is golden.
- Meanwhile, cook broccolini in a saucepan of boiling water for 2 minutes. Add peas; cook for a further minute or until vegetables are tender, drain.
- Combine yoghurt, tahini, lemon juice and extra garlic in a small bowl; season. Spoon the yoghurt mixture onto four plates. Top with the vegetables, fish, almonds and extra dill. Serve with lemon wedges.
Express – $29.95
Photographer: Ben Dearnley
Stylist: Vivien Walsh
Photochefs: Alice Storey, Charlotte Binns-McDonald
Available from all good booksellers and online at magshop.com.au
Fancy getting social?